When are you having your next Gus* Warehouse Sale?
Periodically, we have a sale at our Toronto warehouse. Prior to each warehouse sale, we send out an email announcement through our local Toronto retailer, Stylegarage. If you would like to be added to the Stylegarage mailing list to receive updates about this event, please click here.
Do you sell direct to the public?
Gus* does not sell direct to the public. Instead, we sell our products through reputable retail stores (Dealers) throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Asia. For a list of dealers in your area, click on “DEALERS” above.
Where can I see all of your products?
We work with each of our retail accounts to ensure the assortment they carry in their store works best for their clientele. All products can be seen on our website. Please speak to your local dealer first to ensure the piece you would like to see is on their floor.
How can I obtain a fabric swatch?
The best way to obtain a fabric swatch is to ask your local dealer to order the swatch on your behalf. That way, they can ensure the proper swatches are being requested and can follow up with you once it has arrived.
Is it possible to choose a different fabric for a frame, other than what it is stocked in?
The Gus* Modern Collection is an in-stock program, and therefore it is only available in the fabrics specified. This allows us to maintain stock levels and ship items quickly, rather than waiting a conventional production lead time.
Do you offer COM or custom pieces?
The Gus* Modern Collection is not available in COM and the frames cannot be customized for individual pieces. Gus* Design Group DOES provide custom design and manufacturing services for the design trade through our Contract department. Minimum quantities may apply. If you are a designer working on a project in the hospitality, corporate, retail, institutional, or sports & entertainment sectors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.534.0773 x26 to discuss how we can work with you.
Can you give me a price on??
We always provide suggested retail pricing. Please ask your dealer directly for pricing.
Do you work with Interior Designers?
We work with interior designers. Please contact our Gus* Contract Division if you are an Interior Designer specifying for a project. Minimum order quantities may apply. If you are unable to open an account with our Contract Division, we recommend that you work with your nearest retailer who can provide you with the personalized service you require.
How do I care for my new Gus* furniture?
- For regular maintenance and to maintain the nap of the fabric, we recommend vacuuming your sofa regularly.
- Dab spills immediately with an absorbent cloth and remove the stain using cool distilled water and/or a mild soap. DO NOT over-saturate a stain with cleanser.
- Always test in an inconspicuous area first before using any soap product.
- For thorough cleaning, we recommend professional dry cleaning or a professional in-home upholstery cleaning service.
- Protect your furniture from direct sunlight, as this may cause the fabric to fade unevenly over time.
- All Gus* leather is easily maintained without polishes, preservers or leather soaps, however, it is possible to use a non-toxic leather conditioner if you prefer
- For routine maintenance, simply dust or vacuum to keep furniture looking good
- Protect your furniture from direct sunlight, as this may cause the leather to fade unevenly.
- Dab spills immediately with a soft cloth dampened in distilled water
- Most surface marks will fade over time if you rub them with your fingers. Natural oils are released to help the marks disappear. All leather will wear over time, giving your piece its own unique character.
NOTE: Certain clothing dyes, particularly those used in new denim, have a tendency to transfer onto fabrics, vinyls and leather. Gus* cannot predict how these dyes will behave, and as a result we cannot warranty against the resulting transfer.
Do you recommend Scotchguarding?
No. Most fabrics in the Gus* Collection are inherently stain resistant and therefore do not require a protective coating (i.e. Scotchguarding). In some instances, applying such a coating can affect the appearance and/or “nap” of the fabric. Applying such a coating will void the fabric warranty. Should you decide to have a protective coating applied, there are third party companies that offer this service who then offer their own warranty on the fabric.